Brilliant, eh? But what's this? If you want to buy it direct from the Early Learning Center [current] it's only £25. What do you think might be the difference? Their product description:
- All the fun of the Happy Land Goosefeather Farm with Farmer Shepherd and his wife
- Includes a barn, tractor and trailer, sheep pen, pig sty, and six animals
- Your little ones will love playing with the farmyard animals, while learning the different sounds they make with the help of the animal sound effects
- Bring all the fun of the farm to HappyLand with this lovely set.
- Farmer Shepherd wakes up early in the morning to tend the fields. Mrs. Shepherd makes sure all the animals on the farm are well fed and happy.
- Set includes barn, tractor, trailer, pen, 3 fences, gate, Farmer Shepherd, Mrs. Shepherd, horse, cow, sheep, sheepdog and chicken.
- Press the buttons on the roof to hear five animal sounds.
Can you spot the difference?
Ok - here's the promotional photo from Mothercare:
And the promotional photo for ELC:
Spot the difference yet?
How about a hint - here's the mother care one again:
"New Version" I hear you ask?
Yup - the ELC have slaughtered all the pigs on Goosefeather Farm for fear of offending Jews and Muslims.
Really. But don't worry - the pigs are still there in spirit. Ghostly pigs can still be heard haunting Goosefeather Farm, because the button that produces the Oink sounds proved a little more difficult to remove than the pig.
Oh - what's this? ELC have done a U-turn due to bad publicity? Colour me surprised.